RSS

Friday, February 5, 2010

Research

I'm not going to lie, I am a little sad I'm missing out on the biggest snow storms EVER. I love right after it snows at dark but its still glowing out because of the bright white snow, and how still and calm everything is. This is especially exciting for night skiing. Yeah, you can't see all the moguls and you might bite it, but its worth it to see the mountain all sparkely with the light reflecting off the snow. Snow is just so fun! It makes everyone feel like a kid again. Snow angels, sledding, snowmen (what did one snowman say to the other? Smells like carrots :>) I used to try to put the prettiest icicles in my freezer so that I could enjoy them even in the summer. That didn't really work out to well. I think Kristin and I actually tried to make snowcones too...again, not very successful. We probably just poured Diet Pepsi over the snow and called it a day. I know you guys are sick of it, but most people here have never even seen it! So enjoy that hot chocolate and your day off work (sorry retail friends, I know that will never happen for you!)

As for me, I am staying home from Cercadillo today to research importing and exporting laws. I did this the other day too and it really opened up a whole slew of questions. Its really difficult to find some of this stuff out when you don't know the language they're using (don't get me wrong, its all in English so far, but I think you have to be a lawyer to figure some of this stuff out). I've been in contact with a few friends that have their own businesses similar to The Cercadillo Project, but of course, laws are different in every country. Right now, I am trying to find wholesalers to buy fabric from in this country. That way, the women in Cercadillo will know exactly where to get supplies in their area. Then, I need to figure out the labeling laws (putting labels on the actual product and what needs to be listed on the label). After that, I will tackel the import laws for the United States which includes understanding the Free Trade Agreement. So, I would appreciate some prayer for all of this because its pretty confusing!

I'm off to wash my clothes before I get started on all of this. There's something about hanging them out to dry that just feels so relaxing. Looking out and seeing everything billowing in the wind and being drenched by the sun really does something for your soul.

4 comments:

Robyn S. said...

Hey girl! This is a couple days past your post, so how is the research coming? I'm pretty jealous that you're in a place where you can hang clothes... I'll have to send you a picture of our clothes line. It's caked in snow like a donut, and then there are icicles hanging off of it. Excellent. I fell down in it yesterday, and it took me a lot of embarrassing squirming to get up.

PS- I love the Hello Kitty sewing machine. ESPECIALLY its little pink bow. All sewing machines should come with their own hair accessories. Obviously.

Kristin said...

Jenny - keep your head up, the way you learn is by having to do all this tedeous research and finding everything out piece by piece. I watched a show about inventions once, and they said once they found one bit of information, it justled them to the next, and next and next. I know you will be so successful!

As for the snow...check out my facebook pictures it is so awesome!! The sun sparkled off the snow today it made me think of you because it was "shiney" hahaha love you and wish you could've come skiing with us this weekend! xoxoxo

Jenny said...

Ahhhhhahaha Robyn, squirming...oh I wish I saw that. Was it anything like the time I bit it while rollerblading? LOL

The research is going pretty well, you're right Kristin, I find something and bounce to the next thing and then keep going on from there. Its pretty cool! I will be an expert on this stuff by the time I get back. Glad you had fun skiing Kristin! So pretty when its shiney like that :)

My birthday is July 24th if either of you want to get me that sewing machine <3

Susan Foose said...

Hello Kitty!!!!!!! I LOVE that sewing machine and where on earth can I find it so that I can get it for your bday?!?!?! I LOVE what you wrote here Jenny. You are truly a gifted writer and this jigsaw puzzle that you're putting together, with all the pieces to the import/labeling puzzle--I'm SOOOOOO impressed at how you're moving forward with that. You are truly a go getter that doesn't let a few mogels get in the way of life--you go over them rather than avoid them. Kristin's right--the best way to learn something is to start at the beginning.

Only 3 weeks left hon. I can't wait to see you!!!!!!

Love you tons and tons,
Smoochies,
Yo Mama
XOXOXOOXOXOXO

Post a Comment